Configure Outlook 2010 for our mail servers that start with pop or smtp.
In the example below change the domain name example.com to your domain name.
1. Open Outlook 2010.
2. Click File, then Add Account. See Figure 1 below.
3. Next, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click Next. See Figure 2 below.
4. In this screen, choose Internet E-mail, then click Next. Figure 3 below illustrates this window.
5. This window is where you enter your email information, see Figure 4 below.
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3.
- Enter pop.example.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter smtp.example.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
- Enter your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the User Name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
6. Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings… see Figure 5 for the location of this button.
Figure 5: This will open a new window.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.
Make sure Use same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked. Click on OK. See Figure 6 as reference.
Click the Advanced tab, and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 26 then click on OK. See Figure 7 as an example.
Figure 7: Outgoing port